The Peddler of Green Card Scam
Vorrei raccontarvi una storia che mi è capitata nel 2007
For years I enrolled in the American Green Card Lottery, spending much of the $ 45 annual subscription, but what is it? The green card is a permanent resident of the United States, gives you the opportunity to work and live in the U.S. indefinitely also having the same rights as a citizen, and the Green Card Lottery is a lottery in which every country in the U.S. world can access that puts premium on Green Card 50 thousand per year (about) for anyone to try their luck in the U.S..
In their applications they ask all sorts of things, apart from the most commonly asked questions such as personal data, qualifications, there are parties on work experience etc., must also send a photo with the size and grandeur set, and if you send a photo of 1.5 mm larger than your application is rejected, at the end of the application is written clearly, you will be contacted only if, and only one is extracted and not for others communications.
In 2007 a guy called me, was in New York, he spoke very slowly and spoke well, I had no problems to understand it, claims to be the Green Card lottery, and warns me that my application has been extracted for the green card and must verify the data entered in the application itself, then gives me a few questions and I answer, still giving me or confirming them as he read them. The call ended with the American guy who congratulated me mining, saying that they phoned me from there a few days to let me know what to do and when I had to present my country's U.S. embassy for the interview.
Obviously I was happy, I never won anything, especially something as important ever.
The next day at the same time Here comes again the call of the usual kind, it was the same as the previous day, however, started to make me a speech about the possibility that my application was withdrawn for the Green Card, but how? had not already been extracted? "Sure," I answered him, "but now must be evaluated, only 80% of applications submitted receive a positive assessment" that is why there are companies in the U.S. that compile for you perfectly, "then what do I do now?" I ask him "simple," he says, "must pay a fee equal to $ 287 (can not remember the exact figure, but it was more than $ 250), and can do so on the phone with me dandimi the details of his credit card" "Oh , and with this sum I'm sure that my question has a positive assessment? " his answer was clear, he said, "will have a greater chance of winning," I agreed to pay more and obviously not contacted me, and obviously did not win anything, but I had to buy it or win it is Green Card?
you understand how it works? take $ 40 from all members, and 200-odd from $ 50/60mila they want to win, you win if you pay + what if you do not pay farewell Green Card, as it happened to me. Before you say that you have been extracted and that you have won, then they ask you money to "confirm the win." Well, this is not to win the Green Card but bought. In fact today, the website I paid for 4 years and who asked me $ 280 http://www.green-card-lottery.org/ no longer exists)
Congratulations.
0 comments:
Post a Comment